Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drywall tape falling on ceiling

In just about every room of a house I recently purchased, the drywall tape is showing through the ceiling all the way around the room. It seems to be popping through more each day. The ceilings are all textured. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

Is it popping just at the edge of the ceiling? I'm a little concerned if you can see it more each day. Have you checked to see if there is a leak?
    It isn't going to be an easy fix regardless of a leak or not. It may be just a poor drywall job. I would redo the bad spots by taking the loose tape down and re-taping and mudding and re-applying the texture. There is a product that has the cottage cheese texture in a can that can be sprayed. If you have some more details that would be helpful. Good Luck

T

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure there are no leaks. And it's just around the edges. I've been up in the attic and everything is fine there. There's a brand new roof on the house too, so it must have just been a bad job. It's like that almost everywhere in the house. Guess I will just have to find some time to redo it, or live with it for now. It's not the cottage cheese texture, it's more subtle, with few sharp points. Thanks for the info.

Comment

sometimes drywall tape is applied and it looks good UNTIL the mud dries. Then you see all the problems. Poor adhesion in some spots (no mud underneath) overly wet areas bubbled up -
        Skritched joints - (No other description for the "word."

Comment

Working...
        X
        =