Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nortron Furnace

Hey guys, I got a norton furnace, and I got a wicked problem, the fan will not turn off ? it doesn't matter what I set it too, there is a 2 wire control going to the furnance, one of course connecte to Power (R) and the other connected to Heat (W1) but I can't get it to auto shut off when it hits any temp? I think it may be the relay's but I wanted a second opinion ?

Thanks

Pull the front service access cover off your furnace and you should find a wiring schematic glued on the inside of the cover.

If you have a two wire thermostat it is most likely only controling the burner and the fan is being separately controlled by a heat sensing thermostate in the plenum.

Comment

You could have a fan relay that is stuck in the closed position

Brandon
      - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Brandon

Comment

Ahh, ok I will go home and see that on my lunch, I have changed the filter.. I always do...

Comment

ok, I took a look on cover, and it is gone, i guess whom ever owned it removed it for some reason.. I will give you a web link, hopefully somone can help me out.. remember the reason why I am asking is that my 2 wire furnace, the fan will not shut off.. when it is on.. I turned the breaker off for now, since it runs constant...

Thanks

This the link for the pic

I noticed that the blue wireing coming off of the large transformer in the middle is not connected...

thanks again

Comment

If you have a standard fan control (not a fan timer board) the off temp may be set to low, causing the ambient heat to close switch.

Comment

i have examined the photo and I think i will be able to make you a schematic for this unit but I need to know what the red writing on the housing beside the second relay says.

Check the label on the transformer..That appears to be a 110v/220v primary transformer. The red wire is used for 220v primary and the unused blue wire would be used in place of the red for a 110v primary voltage supply.

Comment

what is the thermostat set on?

Comment

I will go and get that info tonight...
                  thanks

Comment

The red sticker says " 240 VOLT RELAY "

Comment

So with all that what you think I should be looking at ? I have to turn the furnace off via the breakers, cause it never shuts off ?

Comment

Have you checked the fan relay??? Does it open and close ok?????

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.
                        My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

okay - easy test, there are two wires on one end of the fan relay, and three or four on the other end. Take one of the two wires off "Carefully - you are surrounded by line voltage" if the fan stops, you have a bad fan relay. If it does go off then you may have a problem in the fan switch at the unit. That is assuming that there is still a little switch to change the fan from auto to on. More than likely one of the two is your problem

Brandon

Brandon

Comment

buy your diagram, I see the fan relay, so do I have 2 of them ? since I see two there, it seems obvious, but since I am not a furnace guy I have to ask, and the two wires, you mean at the bottom of each relay?

p.s I want to thank you for all your help... it is nice to see some guys out there still help you out...

Comment

I got one other question? if I can be so bold, is there a fast way to test each element ?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =