Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulating Sun Room

I'm currently staying with my mother and am trying to assist her with house repairs. She has a sun room addition connected to the kitchen. It has turned out to be costly with the air conditioning and heating bills. With the price of natural gas going up (as I've heard) I want to start immediately trying to do some changes.

One idea we have is adding a screen door to seperate the main part of the house from the additional sun room. This would also require some sort of window above the kitchen sink as well which may look peculiar. Another option is replacing windows and doing things in the sun room to make it for effecient, which I assume is more costly.

Does anyone here have experience with these matters or interesting suggestions of how to improve the efficiency of this room?

Would replacement of 6 windows, for more energy efficient ones, be very costly or completely worth the investment?

Thanks.

Double walled thermopane with nitrogen or argon inside is always a good investment. Also insulating drapes and UV window tints are good.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =