Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faux Finish Living Room Floor

Hi,
    We pulled up the old carpet and pad. Then we cleaned the concrete slab. Measured and laid out the squares with a t-square, ruler and chaulk line. Put down 1/4 inch masking tape at the chaulk lines and painted over the whole thing with a Tile Red floor and porch enamel. We pulled up the masking tape as we painted so the paint would not dry and possibly "pull up" with the tape.

Finally, we went over everything with a faux tile glaze that we made ourselves from paint, water and latex paint conditioner. Sealed with a clear water base sealer.

Questions???? I've got more pictures of the process from beginning to end if anyone is interested.
    See ya, Tom

Vinyl and Laserdisc Fan
    Vinyl and Laserdisc Fan

WOW! That's just plain GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing a great idea!

Comment

Thanks,

Also did my back porch:

This time I used an off white floor and porch latex enamel.

>
      >
      When dry, I again used 1/4 inch masking tape for the grout lines
      >
      >
      I think you can see the tape here:

>
      >
      Then we used three colors of homemade glaze and a 4" brush to "stipple" on the stone look.
      >

>
      >

Finished with a water base clear coat gloss finish.

Several friends told us it looked just like tile. Even a neighbor two doors down, who has tile in his house, came over and look at it and said, "When did you have your tile put in?" Now THAT made us feel good!!

Vinyl and Laserdisc Fan
      Vinyl and Laserdisc Fan

Comment

I can't believe how well that turned out, great job!

Try
        Try

Comment

Thanks Troy.... We've never done anything like this before. Not near as hard as it looks. Very inexpensive too..

Vinyl and Laserdisc Fan
          Vinyl and Laserdisc Fan

Comment

Faux finish Floor

Hi, I love your floors! They look great! I would love to know where you got your 1/4" masking tape. I have been looking for a dealer and can't find one anywhere (unless I purchase a case of 24 or 48 rolls). I have been wanting some for over a year. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Jan Distinctivescene@aol.com

Comment

For the painting that you did on your porch, what colors of glaze did you use?
              Last edited by mja; 02-05-2007, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =