Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nortron Delima Contiues

After all you great help with it, I still have a problem.. I replaced the fan relays, since I belive it was them that was not shutting the fan off when it reached a certain temp, but I have changed them both, and the fan itself is running alot quieter, but still doesn't turn off? I have also changed the stat in the upstairs as well, thinkin it was a bad one of those ?

Perhaps there is something I am missing ?

Any ideas ?

P.S thanks to all who helped me before...

I dont recall is there a fan limit control in this furnaceor just a board

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

If you check out my previous postings from the first time, you can see the what I was talking about plus, i have photos there..

p.s thanks

Fan limit control? I have a switch that works from continous / automatic right now it is on automatic, but I switched them up and down and didn't do anything...

Comment

You should have two fan relays there . One for AC and Auto the other for fan on heat. Some for fan on heat have time delays in them. if you have put both new relays in have you checked out the 24V wire there?????

ED

Comment

Yeah, I replaced them both... which wire should I look at ? you mean the thermostat lines ? like the R and W1 ? I am anxious to get this fixed... since it is a pain to keep the fan running all the time. is there a quick test I can do to emlinate something , like pull a wire... I am willing to go there and draw up a schematic to how it looks so that we can finally fix this..

Thanks again for all your help..

Comment

power is supplied to the blower for heating through the relay NC portion through the sequencer to the low blower speed. for ac through the relay through the NO portion to high blower speed. 24 volts atcivates both components heat is achieved through the red(hot) and white(heat) circuit, activating the sequencer, aC, through 24 v to the blower relay.

find out who is feeding the blower, the sequencer or the blower relay, the blower for heat may be activated by the a relay in which case the red wire to the blower is mostly likely low, the black is high which speed is running? heat is on low speed
            does the heat work?
            sometimes an open limit will cause the fan to run continously,on carriers especially.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =