Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Door Opener Malfunction

Hi: I have a Craftsman 139.53638SRT garage door opener which at the moment will close when the button on the wall is fully depressed and held until the door completely closes. My remote won't open or close the door but the numeric control outside the garage door will operate the door both open and close again as long as you keep the control button depressed. If you let up on the button the door reverses direction. I have pushed the reset button and also made sure nothing was obstructing the light near the floor. Has anyone got any solution to my problem? Thanks for your help.

Inside the unit where the motor reversing relays are look for a contact that is burnt. It is the sealing circuit to keep the motor running until it hits the lower limit setting or the current relay (in case of something stuck when the door's closing) or the electric eye is blocked.
    The circuit sounds like it is electrically interlocked instead of a mechanical interlock to reverse direction.
    If the remote's battery is dead then after replacement the unit has to be re-programmed to the unit. There's instructions on how to do this in the manual.

Comment

HayZee518: Thanks a million for the information. I've tried evrything else so I'm down to checking for a burnt contact. If I find that it will probably cost as much to replace the circuit board as it does to buy a new unit.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =