Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nortron Furnace schematics, possible??

Hi Guys, I know I have been asking a ton of questions in here, but you are the only ones that are helping me out. I had a problem with my norton Electric furnace, and what it was doing was never shutting off (fan that is) SO... I replaced both Fan relays, and thermostat. It is a 2 wire system, basic R W and I am wondering, Could it be a the lower Heat Relay that is jammed causing it to remain on all the time> it seems to me that if it is jammed open it will remain on (the fan that is)?

Thanks for all your help..

there are no wires hooked up to relay 6,7?

Comment

is this the schematic or your educated guess?

Comment

Acutally it is the schematic that me, and another user has drawn up togethere, but today I got it fixed... the problem was that I had a Heat Sequencer ( the line W1 BLUE -> was attached directly of course the lower sequencer, it was fused ON so therefore never could turn off. I also changed the Transformer, I figured if I had already changed the two Fan relays ( one was burnt anyway) and I was changing the Heat Sequencers, I might as well for the 50 bucks change the Transformer, so now basically it is all new inside, and the thermostat which I use which is a Honeywell TC8000 (programable) works like a top... hats off to all who helped me before and now.. I pretty much know the ins and outs of that furnace...

Thanks Again

Sitting In the Warmth..

Steve D

Comment

Nortron Electric Furnace question

I have an older Nortron Electric Furnace that doesn't have a prem-heat cycle. (I'm not sure if this is the correct terms, but I will explain)

Before when my furnace went to kick in, the furnace would kind of make a hum noise (warming up) then it would click into the next sequence and the fan would kick in and it would blow warm air.

Now, when the furnace kicks in, the fan starts up with the furnace and blows cold air. (no pre-heat cycle)

Do you have any ideas what we could check?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
          Wendy

Comment

Working...
          X
          =