Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refridgerator Water Leak

All of a suddent the water spout in my refridgerator door is leaking. We use the water (cooled and filtered) frequently.

I need help stopping the drip.

I meant to add to the previous post. I noticed the dripping after I changed the water filter...

Comment

Ralphsaperstein

Welcome to the Home Repair Forums

Those levers hit a micro switch inside the door! It's either on or off no in between! The switch sends power to the valve in the back at the bottom. Its possible that the valve is not closing all the way OR you have to high a water pressure causing the valve to open just slightly.

16x80

Comment

[quote you have to high a water pressure causing the valve to open just slightly.

16x80
        [/quote]

Thanks, I turned the water supply valve to almost off. That reduced the drip considerably, but not entirely. At least now it is manageable.

Comment

Manageable yes! Fixed No! I'll bet you have a valve thats not closing all the way!

If your happy I am happy!

16x80

Comment

Is the valve that you think is not closing all the way difficult to reach and repair/replace? Thus far my examinations of the water dispenser have ended after removing fiberglass insulation and seeing a difficult looking (wires and such) next step.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =