Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Power on GCFI run

I am living in a camper due to hurrican Katrina. All of the sockets were working at first. My wife pressure washed the line where I have it plugged into the house. Ever since my GFCI recepticles are not working.

When I checked the GFCI itself, it will not reset and the test button is not working. I am not getting any power the the recepticle. I checked the only 110 breakers in the camper and there are moving and clicking as if they are good. I put in a new GFCI and got the same results.

I bought a thing you can plug into the socket that tells if the wires are connected correct are not. It is telling me the hot and nutreal are reversed. I had not switched any wires before this happened. Can someone tell me what is going on?

Thanks
    Hookerp

doewes it trip as soon as you plug in the camper? if so there is a problem in the camper , if not there is a problem in onne of the recepticles protected by the GFI.. Let me know what U have going on...

Comment

I don't know when it tripped or if it tripped. It just stopped working. Is the GFCI the first one in the run or could it be another one in the line?

Comment

Hard to say if its first in line.. I would take out the GFI and check for power right at the wires coming out of the wall.... black to white, black to ground and white to ground and see what you actually have..( if there are only one set of wires, if it passes to another plug there will be another set of wires)... This will tell you if you have, any power, reverse polarity or whatever ( you mentioned your tester showed rev. polarity?).... you should see 120V from black to white on the pair of wires that leads to the panel, REGARDLESS of polarity, that would mean there is power present and chances are the gfi is shot if it doesn't reset, if you see 120 V from WHITE TO GROUND, means the polarity is reversed upstream somewhere.. you should really trace it back and find out where and correct that to do the repair properly.

A.D

Comment

Working...
        X
        =