Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Correct Boiler Temp?

I had read so many different stories I don't know now what's the right temp for the boiler. I have never had these cast iron radiators before but have always had copper fin baseboard heaters. I have always been told to run the boiler at 180-190 when it's real cold outside. Now the other day I read something on the internet that you should never run your boiler over 170 on the older cast iron hot water radiators and for the copper fin baseboard to run the boiler at 180-200. Anybody have the correct way to run these older radiators? Right now my boilers (yes I have more than one) are running at 185 and seem to be heating the house great.

180 degree's is enough heat for those, in reality case iron holds heat well so you really only need to run it at 160, 170, but you can't hurt those old cast iron puppies, i've seen them at 240 degree's running steam thru them, run your boiler at 180 on the coldest days and i would put a reset control on it for maxium eff. so when outdoor air temp rises the water temp lowers

Comment

Have always set the boiler Temp at 160o on 180o off

ED

My mistakes dont define me they inform me.
      My mistakes dont define me they inform me.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =