Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater blows cold air.

I noticed tonight that my heater was not blowing hot air. Instead it is blowing cold air. I check the fuse box and the circuit is in the middle ( blown ) I set it to the off position and then to the on and it makes a sound and then clicks to the middle again. I checked the unit in the attic and the circuits are on and good. the blower is running and everything seems to be right. Just not getting any hot air. Please help.. any ideas.??

Dom

What type of heater do you have? Eg. Heat pump, natural gas, all electric...

Brandon
    - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Brandon

Comment

I have a heat pump and an air handler in the attic. I don't know what brand. It does not say. I am sure it is one of those basic models that goes in all new homes.

What type of heater do you have? Eg. Heat pump, natural gas, all electric...

Brandon
      [/quote]

Dom

Comment

sounds like the circuit going out to outside portion of your heat pump is tripping the circuit. do you have any back up heat? the breaker could feed the backup heating elements.
        btw, if you have a breaker tripping you HAVE a problem somewhere - whether or not it concerns your heating problem is irrelevent - fix that problem too.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =