Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drywall / Paint at last

Finally got to the stage where I can see I've done something productive on this kitchen transfer. Now if I could just talk someone else into mudding all this, since it's part I don't like doing. The start of this project was in another topic posted here; http://homerepairforum.com/forum/top...?TOPIC_ID=3315

Wow, really looking good. Oh yeah, lots of mudding to do. Not my favorite job, especially the ceiling. I hate upside down mudding. Thanks for the update

Comment

The mud job isn't all that bad just keep the layers THIN! After three coats you'll have something to be proud of. When its all done, only you'll know where the boo-bos are!

Comment

OH oh No booboos[:I] this time. have 3 coats of mud on, spray textured and sprayed it with the new paint sprayer this week. Looks pretty good and I'm on the down hill run finally I'll be able to eat a home cooked meal [:0]

Comment

Looks good, KSever....but what are those 4 boxes in the wall? Are those glass block windows?

Comment

Those are 12" glass block in a brick/block wall. I am planning in the future to change out those four little windows for one big window along with three other areas of the same type in the future, but it all takes time and this change over might be a little harder to do beings they are all in brick/block walls.

Comment

Alright, K....let's see some more pics!

Comment

I was trying to post the other day but had wait for directions from Troy after the changeover. Been busy laying that marble tile, that sink cutout was fun even with the wetsaw. The wife is in the can't wait mode and already has dishes in the cubboards and chickens on the top. I still have to build a cabinet for the built in oven and secure the other cabinets on the other side but this side is pretty much done. These pics are from Saturday night before I got the sink, dishwasher, and disposal installed. As of now this side is done and fully working. Only one drip from a bad sink strainer I have to change out.

Last edited by KSever; 01-24-2006, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Looks good!

What are you going to finish the floor with?

Comment

Wife wants to paint the floor with a high-gloss red non slip epoxy, I want to tile it but we'll see who wins this one and I bet it's not me. Now that epoxy could go in shop, it sure would look nice in there. She has seen a few pics in the This Old Victorian House magazine with red painted floors and she loves it. We'll see.

Comment

K, what are you going to put around the edges of the counter?

Comment

I agree looks really nice. More pictures?
                        ceramic tiling tips

Comment

does look nice......its been awhile since an update, I'd like to see the outcome

Comment

I bet it has a red epoxy floor.

Comment

Update

Originally posted by Piper View Post
                              I bet it has a red epoxy floor.

Almost missed this reply, I did win this time with the tile floor. White 2 inch tile that is. The kitchen has been done for some time and now will be starting another winter project of dividing the rest of the downstairs rooms. The house when we purchased it was completely open downstairs all but the room the new kitchen is in. I will be didviding all this room up and making a new bathroom with a whirlpool tub, bedroom with closet, formal diningroom and sittingroom, it should all be done by the spring so I can start n the outside paint scraping/painting.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =