Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55" TV

Can anyone direct me in the right direction of where I can purchase a new screen for a 55" Phillips Magnavox rear projection tv?
    I looked on the web but all I saw are parts for Toshiba and Mitsubishi. and they're not cheep! $1000 for a screen!

Not that I know where you can go, but the last time I had a screen replaced at one of our properties in the recreation room I picked up a new/used screen for our rear projection large screen tv real cheap $300 installed. When new large screen tv's are delivered, the new screen may have a slight scratch mostly on the sides for some reason I was told. The installer has to change these out if asked by the customer on warranty. The dealer where I called back then asked if I would like a slight used screen or a new one, of course I was all for saving about $800 at that time so I said used would be good. So if you find a dealer you may ask if he has any used screens, it's worth the asking anyway.
    Last edited by KSever; 01-22-2006, 01:10 AM.

Comment

THanks, those things are expensive! I got a tiny scrath in the middle but I guess I can live with it. It just bugs me!

Comment

Hey!

I really enjoy your posts! It's great that you're sharing your accumlated Knowledge!
        We do home theaters and have had to replace rear proj screens from time to time. If you can't find the exact replacement you should be able to purchase a similar size from another maker. You'll just need to choose one that matches your needs; eg; single screen or double (outside protector) screen. It should work find and may even improve your picture. You may have to cut it down to your exact size requirement. Any local plastics company that does signs can do this without damaging the screen. Good luck. Keep posting! Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =