Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Post on Problems with the New Forum Software

Please post your problems, comments and suggestions about the new forum software here. Administrators and Moderators will check this thread and fix the problems ASAP!
    Love it!
    33.33%
    Like it!
    41.67%
    It's OK!
    25.00%
    Hate it!
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Very nice forum!

hello to all!
    Really nice forum! I like it very much!

What related forums do you want to see here? Lets discuss that!
    Last edited by Troy; 02-20-2006, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdadont
      hello to all!
      Really nice forum! I like it very much!

What related forums do you want to see here? Lets discuss that!
      Sounds good. Any new forum subject you would like to see here?
      Try

Comment

I like the forum, just have 1 complaint, when you click on something such as "Search" the drop down box seems to mingle with what is behind it. Maybe if there was a background color added to the drop down box we could read what is in it easier. Otherwise everything is great, Thanks
        If you think a professional is expensive,
        Just see what till you see what an amature will cost you!!

Comment

Cool idea. Do you think you could make me a screen shot and attach it here so I can see how yours looks? You can press alt + print screen to copy the screen to the clipboard.

Also, what browser are you using?

Comment

Is this a new thing with all the advertisement? This site used to load real fast until this past weekend when I got on, now I notice there are alot of advertising highlighted "words" that you can click on. Makes my computer run real slow.

Comment

admin Cool idea. Do you think you could make me a screen shot and attach it here so I can see how yours looks? You can press alt + print screen to copy the screen to the clipboard.

Also, what browser are you using?

If you are refering to me, yes I'll try to send it to you, also I use Firefox, maybe this is the problem?
              I managed to save it to the desk top as Web Page Complete, and I think it shows the open link, but how do I send it to you?
              Last edited by ABP; 03-28-2006, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABP
                I managed to save it to the desk top as Web Page Complete, and I think it shows the open link, but how do I send it to you?
                You should be able to upload it as an attachment to a post. Alternatively, email it to support@homerepairforum.com and I'll take a look

Thanks!

Originally posted by KSever
                Is this a new thing with all the advertisement? This site used to load real fast until this past weekend when I got on, now I notice there are alot of advertising highlighted "words" that you can click on. Makes my computer run real slow.
                Well, the forum has doubled in the last two months, and so have the costs. So I am obviously looking for ways to offset them ;-) But I don't want to overdo it, and I certainly don't want to make the site slower or less enjoyable to visit. I thought these ads may be an unobtrusive way to use the space on the site. Are they bothering anyone else?

Comment

I've had no real slow downs or problems with the adds and I'm using IE and dial up. KSever are you running any spyware protector programs on your puter. I'm wonding if you're not being bogged down from spyware in reality.

Comment

I now sighned in with IE instead of firefox and the links are clearly visible, so it must be a problem with firefox, will email it to you

Comment

Originally posted by ABP
                      I now sighned in with IE instead of firefox and the links are clearly visible, so it must be a problem with firefox, will email it to you
                      There are other problems with this software and firefox, nothing major but several formatting problems. They have an upgrade available, I'll try that over the next few days and see if that helps. I use firefox too, so I know what you mean.

I really appreciate the feedback!
                      Last edited by Troy; 03-29-2006, 12:04 PM.
                      Try

Comment

Slowing down yes, just a tad, nothing I can not deal with though, but as a business man myself I can relate to needing some way to off set the cost of running the site, so I'm ok with that.

Comment

Slow down...

I'm running Mozilla and Fire Fox with dial up service and have not noticed it (the sytem) being any slower than usual...

Comment

Originally posted by kactuskid
                            I've had no real slow downs or problems with the adds and I'm using IE and dial up. KSever are you running any spyware protector programs on your puter. I'm wonding if you're not being bogged down from spyware in reality.

I don't run a spyware program in the background but I do check every night for spyware on the computer and delete all of it. Been running IE and cable modem or two way satellite since I've had this computer for 3 years with no problems at all. Haven't had a virus either. I just noticed when these ads were put on here that this forum takes longer to load and none of the other forums I am active in take this long.

Maybe I'll try another browser and see what happens, could be something I'm not aware of in the browser settings. Is Firefox a good one or is there any others out better?

Comment

I made some optimizations to the ad code that creates those links. It should show up a lot less, and be less resource intensive. Let me know if it helps!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =