X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 zoned heat woes.....

hello all,

2 zoned heat woes

I have identified the probable cause of not getting heat on the first floor while there are no problems upstairs. the 2 pipes that lead out of the furnace have 2 silver boxes just below the shut off valves. underneath the boxes on the boxes there is a lever that allows me to use an automatic open setting or move it to the right and use a manual open setting. after I did this and moved it to the manual setting the heat started coming up on the first floor. however it is controlled by the thermostat upstairs. is it the box that is no good or the thermestat on the first floor. how can i tell......I am assuming that the thermostat controls that box and opens and closes it according to the temperature on the first floor. the temperature guage still seems to operate telling me what the temperature is on the first floor though I cannot figure out what the problem is even though it seems that I have narrowed the problem down. michael. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mikeblo17
      is it the box that is no good or the thermestat on the first floor. how can i tell......I am assuming that the thermostat controls that box and opens and closes it according to the temperature on the first floor. the temperature guage still seems to operate telling me what the temperature is on the first floor though I cannot figure out what the problem is even though it seems that I have narrowed the problem down. michael. thanks

Easy test for you if you have a continuity meter. Turn your thermostat on, go back to the valve, take off the two leads and put your meter to them. If you have continituity between the two wires, your stat is good, which probably means that your valve is bad.

Brandon
      - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Comment

Hello,
        I have a 1510 sq ft home and have added a 202 sq ft room. I have a 5 ton heat pump set-up and want to know if I can put this 202 sq ft room on to this system Will it handel it?

Comment

Working...
        X
        =