Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Thermostat

First I wanna say.. what a great place you have here and thanks you forthe help you provide everyone. I recently replaced my old thermostat with an electronic Hunter 44200 programable.. I have a 4 yr old Heil furnace which I can't seem to find the model number on.. but that may be a different problem.. the problem is.. in between heating cycles on the thermostat I can hear the furnace combustion blower coming on and cycling on and off. I was very careful with the wiring diagram and connecting the proper wires to the proper terminals... a/c works fine it's a split unit, furnace inside, a/c outside and the furnace does heat. It's a 4 wire system. Any ideas would be appreciated.. also just to let you know the furnace worked fine with the old thermostat, it's just that I am away extended days on the job... I have the unit locked out at the cut-off as of right now. again Thanks in advance.

anybody?

Comment

Dart-

Does it do the same thing with the old thermo if you put it back on? I read on the Hunter website that you should have the switch in the HG position on the thermo for gas heat. Is it there?

16x80

Comment

The old thermostat does not do the same thing and yes I checked the switch setting after looking at Hunter's troubleshooting section.. actually the switch has no effect either way, I'm thinking it's a defective thermo.. as long as it's calling for heat..it's fine but when it reaches the temp it makes the combustion fan cycle on and off continuously...thanks for the help.. any other suggestions?

Comment

That was my next thought, I suggest replacing the thermostat with a new one, If it performs the same buy a differnt brand!

16x80

Comment

Hope this isn't too late for it to help you. I had this same problem when I switched from a mechanical to electronic thermostat. I hunted and hunted on the Internet and finally found a reference to putting a resistor between terminals C and W on the control box in the furnace. The resistor referred to a "kit" that had a 250 ohm, 5 watt resistor in it. I didn't have that so I used 3, 1000 ohm resistors in parallel and it fixed the issue for me. The thermostat I used (Honeywell 2800) worked fine for a while then started acting up. Another model (Hunter?) that I used before this I replaced thinking it was bad.

I have no idea if this will fix your problem or not and of course I take no responsiblity for it, but it worked for me and the description of your symptom is identical to mine. Mine was a Heil SP80 furnace.

Comment

Nice Tip, Elle. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!
              Try

Comment

Thanks Elle.. I'm off to the "Radio Hutch" to get a resistor to give this a try...

Comment

Working...
                X
                =