Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moles!!!!!

I have lived in this house for about a year, and I have had a mole problem since day one. Everyone in the area has moles in their yards. Numerous moles, I am not talking about only 1 or 2 moles. There is no telling how many of them I have. I have spread some kind of crystals that were supposed to kill the grubs, but that didn't really work, neither did the traps. Anyone know a sure fire way to get rid of them.

I remember one time when I was about 3 years old, I saw a mole coming up out of the ground. The grass was moving a little bit, and I could see something poking through.

I took off running into the house, cuz I thought the devil was coming to get me.

Comment

Mole removal....

I read an article a long time ago that recomended connecting an auto exhaust to their tunnel and letting the car run for ten or fifteen minutes. That, I suspect, will only be a temporary fix, as I'm sure they'll be back. If the surrounding neighborhood is infested, not likely you can keep them from your area. I've read that keeping away their food source will make them find other places. I would've thought that getting rid of the grub infestation would've gotten rid of the moles. Maybe those crystals didn't work that well. Dig a random patch of sod and lay it back and you'll probably find grubs. Maybe a different brand might work.

Comment

Garden Hose Down A Tunnel

A little H2O goes a long way. And at first if they come back, do it again till they get the message or cant read anymore hehe. I did read somewhere that some animal urine can be bought and sprayed. The moles hate it and are scarred of the suppling animal. I still like my tried and true method though

Comment

gopher gassers are awesome. drop them in as many holes as you car, and then sit there with a pellet gun in case any escape. fill the holes. the dead ones underground will keep new ones from coming back for a while. In a few months you will notice patches of grass that are a better shade of green than the rest of the lawn.

Comment

My parents used to have a bad mole problem even with having two cats that would get their daily share. A friend of theirs told them about "mole plants" and they gave them a few to try. I'm not exactly sure the actual name of the plant. They planted them at various places in the yard and for atleast 10 or more year they have not had a mole problem. I believe it is something in the root of the plant that they don't like. Every year more plants come up and they give them away to people who had problems.

Good Luck.

Comment

I did a google search on Mole Plants and found that castor bean plants used to be sold as a mole plants... but they were later found to contain ricin so they banned them. If a kid or a pet eats some ricin it can be deadly... Which is probably why it was effective at killing gophers. Has anyone found a trap that works most of the time?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeOfAllTrades
                I remember one time when I was about 3 years old...
                Is that you at 3 years old in your avatar? :-)
                Try

Comment

Killing the food supply is a good long term fix. The moles might not go away for a full season...they have to figure out that there's no food and move on.
                  Bill in Kansas City, MO

Measure with a micrometer
                  Mark with a crayon
                  Cut with an axe.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =