Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me what this is?

I went for a walk today and I found something under a tree. It looks like a small propeller. It has five twisted blades, with cirular holes in them, and a short post with a hexagonal hole in it, like it attaches to something else. The item says Wallboard USA on it, and there is no serial number.

Does anyone no what this is?

Thanks,
    Amadeus

Nevermind- just found out it's one of the two blades from a Wal-board joint compound power mixer. Thanks!
    Last edited by Amadeus; 02-10-2006, 10:09 PM.

That blade may have more history in it then just a joint compound power mixer. Without seeing it I don't know; you may or may not be correct.

My time frames may be off, however, There was a Twin Servo Rotary Knife Converting Machine made in the 1960's or early 1970's that was basically a Cut-to-length rotary knife on some Chicago Converting Equipment, Inc for cutting Gypsum. The blade was made by Wallboard USA. It's possible Wallboard USA was the original manufactuer of the machine and Chicago Converting simply did some kind of retro blade / part reproductions.

I searched the US Patent office for it's design and did not come up with anything.

I'll bet some guy had it in his garage and found it cleaning it out. Where ever you are the weather probably just got warmer, hence spring cleaning. The chap did not want to throw it away and either did not know what it was or knew it was taken from a machine long ago. He then in an undecisive moment decided to place it by a tree for someone to walk by and hopefully know what it was and/or make use of it.

You now have four options to manage your twin servo blade with: 1) Throw it away, 2) Find a home for it, 3) Return it to the tree, 4) Make use of it
    Last edited by wak; 03-03-2006, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =