Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Crap!!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping the neighbor's 8 dog's off the lawn? I have talked to the neighbor's, but they won't do anything. A dog will not go in his own yard if he can go somewhere else. I have tried mothballs, but they don't help. I wonder if some kind of pepper would work? Tired of the CRAP! SueK

Maybe this will help. I found it at Michael Holigan's site when I was looking for something for mice.

Comment

I bought something at the home supply that came in a paper "milk carton". It had tobacco dust, mothballs, and some kind of dried animal blood product. When the woman who walked her dog to my barberry came the next day, she had to drag the dog. It didn't want to stop at my shrubbery any more. I can't remember what it's called but, if you can find it and sprinkle it along the property line maybe you can train them to go at home. Good luck

Comment

Thank You for the info. I will search the web site and ask at the home supply store. Anything is worth a try. Thanks again and Have a Nice Day!

Comment

Get a BIGGER dog!

Comment

Benjamin Sheridan Silver Streak C9

Comment

Originally posted by Pjskinner
              That picture isn't even funny, just a little inhumane

Comment

Fling the deposits back on their lawn!

Comment

A cheap electric fence, you can get a battery powered one for $50 one nose zap and they wont head back anytime soon.
                  Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
                  Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I had one of the battery powered ones. They work well when you have plenty of sunshine. In the winter when the days get short they tend to not work well. If you have an exterior plug in, buy one of the low end plug in electric fence boxes. You can get the high visibility tape so no one accidentaly gets shocked by it.

I know it it politically incorrect but the BB gun will actually work very well. If you feel better, at most WalMart stores and things like them you can get the ones that shoot plastic BB;s so you know you wont actually hurt them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pjskinner

I don't know, it's got appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by KSever
                        That picture isn't even funny, just a little inhumane
                        I wasnt trying to be funny nor was I trying to suggest hurting the animal. All I did was post a pic of an air rifle. Also Whos to say an electric fence less INHUMANE. I mean they both will inflict pain on the dog........Wont they? Honestly if it were me I would shovel the excrements and politly put them on the persons front porch. That is if talking did not fix the problem

Comment

do you have a leash law there? I think I would be making a formal complaint. People that don't want to care for their dogs shouldn't own them. Sounds mean but its true. I don't let my dog go in anyone elses yard and I certainly don't expect other people to let their dog free in my yard either.

Other than that a bigger dog it shold be good luck!
                          Alyssa Anders
                          Modular Homes information, Resources and more at Modular Today.

Comment

I chuckled at that pic. We lived waaay out in country, and there were times that you HAD to do that. A mean stray wasn't anything to mess with. Thats what is inhumane, dropping a dog off to fend for itself.

Comment

No, I live in the country, and that I guess, is the price you pay for it. I have a dog myself, but she is inside a fenced in yard, and like you, I don't let her bother anyone. I think animals are a big responsibility, and it takes all I can do to take care of one. I don't know how anyone can take care of a yardful of dogs. Thanks alyssa

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =