Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Mouse

Just out of curiosity, Does anyone know why a mouse is there and all of a sudden it is in the corner of your screen? Also why a mouse would slowly move on the screen and you are not moving it? I have had this happen with every computer I own. I tried, at one point, replacing the mouse. It does the same thing after awhile. What's up with that?

Look into your mouse controls. There are options for your mouse to go to a specific area of the screen if no activity is recorded. It is a checked box dealing with mouse pointers.

Comment

do you have any electromagnetic devices or halogen lights near your mouse? even some speakers can cause this.

Comment

Ditto

Skyestar-
        My Mom's computer has the same problem (the pointer suddenly diving into the corner).

We just re-connected the peripherals (keyboard, mouse, printer, etc.) after putting down a new floor in that room. It didn't used to happen so I'm guessing we re-attached something incorrectly or maybe something reset after taking it apart?

EDIT:
        On another forum it was suggested that if you use an optical/laser mouse with a semi-gloss or "shiny" pad, the laser is often reflected incorrectly, causing behavior such as that described. I know that that fits my setup exactly (don't know about you) , I'll change it when I get down there.

2nd EDIT:
        It WAS the pad. Took it out completely and everything is fine.
        Last edited by dkpbxman; 03-26-2006, 10:59 PM.
        Dan

Comment

Sometimes it means the mouse needs to be cleaned or it could mean you need a new one. I have had both scenarios happen, no matter what I did the mouse wouldn't not move on its own. Drove me crazy!
          Alyssa Anders
          Modular Homes information, Resources and more at Modular Today.

Comment

Is it a laptop?

If you have a laptop like my Dell that have a knob thingy between the G and H keys, try moving that around.

I never use mine... I use the trackpad instead -- and sometimes it will get a little stuck or something and make the pointer drift to a corner by itself. If that seems to do it and you don't use it, you should be able to deactivate it altogether.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =