Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free standing deck cover

Gentlemen: I have a deck that is 12'x30' and aprox. 27' off the ground. I would like to build a cover over it. The roof would be metal not wood. It has to be free standing and not attached to the manufactured home, in our state {Oregon} nothing can be attached to the manufactured home as the deck itself is about a 1/2 inch away from the home. I am not the greatest carpenter but have alot of time since retiring, I have helped and have built a few things. So if anyone has any plans that would relate to this project it would be very appreciated.
    Thanks , Ray

I'm looking for the same. Is yours 27' or 27" off the ground?

Comment

The deck is 27 inches off the ground. I have a pretty good idea of how I am going to go about it but the more input the better.

Comment

Raymond

Well I am about ready to put a free standing roof on my free standing 10X40 deck. How is yours coming? Harry

Comment

Well there's a little hang up on this end. My widowed neighbor {79 years old} had her awning constructed by another neighbor down the road. She complained to him about some major and minor flaws like the roof leaking, spacing of the 2x4's, and 2x6's {a little bird informed her of the spacing} and it was attached to her manufactured home which is a big no, no in Oregon. They had a falling out, one thing led to another. She turned it into the County Inspector. To make a long story short he had no building permit or Builders license. So it all has to come down by a licensed contractor and the orginal builder has to refund her money and probably pay a penalty for building without a permit or builders license. I live inbetween them about 2 acres apart. So I will have to present a plan and get a permit since I am building for myself I will not need a Builders License. {The "neighbor builder" is probably going to turn anyone in now that does have a permit} I will wait untill late Spring to start. So now I will have to come up with Blue Prints that will satify the county. Sorry for the long reply just letting you know how it was going.

Comment

Everything has to be free standing in Florida also. My 10'X40' deck is almost done. So now I guess I start shopping for free standing porch plans. Let me know if you come up with anything.

Harry

Comment

I will let you know if I find some plans on the free standing deck nice communicating with you. Good luck on your project and future projects---Ray

Comment

Working...
              X
              =