Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox G12 Pilot Sensor?

I'm taking a wild guess here, but am wondering if I have a faulty pilot sensor (or something like that). Can someone guide me in the right direction?

When trying to start my furnace at cooler temperatures (sub 70 degrees) the pilot light ignites but continues trying to ignite after a short delay (as though it doesn't know that it's lit). Gas doesn't flow to the burners, so they never ignite and the pilot just continues burning and clicking.

I've noticed that if I blow on the flame from the pilot forcing the flame toward the igniter, the clicking stops and the gas starts to flow to the burners, igniting them a few seconds later. Can someone confirm this to be a sensor problem, or otherwise? Any suggestions on how to get started replacing the faulty part(s)? Is this worth fixing or is this old thing near the end of its life?

Thanks for your help!

Josh

joshcarroll

Welcome to the Home Repair Forums

It sounds to me you are on the right track! I would suggest cleaning the sensor with steel wool or emery cloth. The sensor might have some build up on it sensing no flame causing your gas valve not to open. When you blow on it it causes more heat to the sensor allowing the gas valve to open.

Try it cant hurt!

16x80

Sorry for my long delay, Been very busy at work!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =