Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running my AC, water comes out my furnace

I turned on my AC for the first time in a while. After it ran for the first time. It cooled the house down fine. I notice a leak comming from the furnace. I have electric condencer and a gas furnace. It is not a heat pump. There was also water inside the bottom of the furnace. It soaked my filter, which I will be replacing for fear of bacteria growing on it. I am more concern about the water. My guess is that a pipe/hose is cloged somewhere that would drain condensation. Where would one look for this hose or pipe? Am I on the right track? Is this techinical something a do-it yourself can do or is better left to some professional? Is there a problem in running the furnace or ac with this issue? Please advise me on this issue.

Brysize

Welcome to the Home Repair Forums

You probably have a clog in your drain line coming from the evaporator coil located above your furnace. The drain line would be a 3/4 inch pipe running from this box to a floor drain. If your coil has an access door you can remove it and clean out the drain with bleach. It may be so clogged that you need to re pipe it!

If you can pour water down the drain and it drains fine then you could possible have a cracked drain pan!

16x80

Sorry for the delay, I have been very busy at work!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =