Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida building code for electrical boxes

I have a similar question to others I have seen posted regarding vanity lights. I removed the light bar and found there was no electrical box. The wires jutted through the wall and the light bar was attached to the wall with anchors.

I contacted the builder and he stated Florida does not require an electrical box for the vanity lighting. A licensed electrician states that everything must be in a box. I'm confused.

The state of Florida has adopted the NEC to follow in their building codes. The NEC states that ALL high voltage connections/splices must be made within an approved electrical box. Your builder is blowing smoke to justify an inadequate job. Wonder what else he skimped on, makes ya wonder. Follow your electricians advice and install a box for the connections. This is a safety/fire issue.

Comment

As Kactus says I'd follow the advice of the electrician. Most electricians are like doctors. Not that they take a hypocratic oath for excellance but the code is their bible Interpretation is another ball of wax. Stick with the electrician's decision.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518
        ... Most electricians are like doctors. Not that they take a hypocratic oath for excellance ....

I love it...

Brandon
        - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Comment

Working...
        X
        =