Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower control

I have a 16 year old gas furnace. I replaced the inducer motor assembly and now the furnace will ignite, the blower will come on for about 8 seconds and then shut off. It will do this 4 times until the temperature increases 1 degree on the thermostat. It's a 3 setting control. 50 to 150 and it doesn't seem to matter where I set the controls. Any suggestions?

Does this behavior occur when the thermost is set at a nornmal room temperature of say 68-75 degrees?

Where is your furnace? Is it in some cold area where there is also a cold air return grill in this cold area?

Do you have a fan SWITCH, or does yours work off one of those solid state timer boards? IF you have a switch... you wouldn't happen to have the rectangular approx. 2 x 3 inch one made by Honeywell, that has the numbers on the dial, under the cover, that you can look at, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Meyer
      I have a 16 year old gas furnace. I replaced the inducer motor assembly and now the furnace will ignite, the blower will come on for about 8 seconds and then shut off. It will do this 4 times until the temperature increases 1 degree on the thermostat. It's a 3 setting control. 50 to 150 and it doesn't seem to matter where I set the controls. Any suggestions?

Not quite clear what you are talking about - what is a 3 setting control? Why did you replace the inducer motor? What was your original problem??

Brandon
      - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Comment

This occurs at normal temperature setting of 75.

The furnace is in a closet in the lower level of the house and does have a cold air return.

The blower control is similar to what you mention. It has a silver dial with 3 tabs you can adjust from 50 to 150. Off, off, on.

The inducer motor began making a noise and eventually siezed up.

The filter is clean.

Comment

It sounds like a safety switch problem - at this point I think calling a tech out would be money well spent.

Brandon
          - Have you changed your filter this month? -

Comment

Working...
          X
          =