Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to paint my brick fireplace?

I hate my brick fireplace and am trying to decide if I can paint it (not one solid color) to look like a different kind of brick. Kind of like the Brick-anew website offers but I'd like more options for colors. I have seen a lot of threads that say how to do it but my problem is that I have no idea what colors to use! Does anyone have pictures thay could show me and tell me what colors they used?? I'm not very creative so I'm more of a copycat!

Any help is appreciated!!

to really help suggest a treatment more info is needed about the room, like what colors are currently used in the room, what type of wood is there, if any?

little giant ladders
    systems, reviews and more.

Comment

The walls are pretty neutral... I think the color was Benjamin Moore "Latte".
      There is an entertainment center next to the fireplace with a medium wood finish (called spice?). The couches are burgundy/green but I will be replacing them eventually. The rug is tan with speckled mocha in it. Does that help?

Comment

You have to be careful when painting brick if it's not done right the first time you can have more mess in the long run with chipping and peeling. I have heard of distressing brick eofre hand to make the painting process last. Has anyone else tried this method. I have only seen it done outsitde the home like in a garden settting though.

Comment

you might have better luck with a brick stain. I haven't personally tried this project, but I do know that brick stains are specifically formulated to color brick.... http://www.dyebrick.com/?gclid=CN3Bv...FQ0hNAodYjzvHQ

Comment

Help my House!

Hi, Here is a picture of some bricks I painted. I colored them in grays. I took 3 shades of grey, a light, medium, and darker. Then I just simply painted the bricks picking up the colors alternately. I did not try to do it in any particular pattern. I was going for the look of slate. In this house there was a section of slate floor in the middle of the room I was trying to match. I did this on a special faux brick material I put on the fireplace first to make it feel like rough stone, so I can't give you any advice on special techniques for painting bricks. But I think greys are at least a natural color of stone and should go good with the neutral tones you have in your home. I just used old brushes because of the roughness of the bricks. Keep in mind covering the grout lines so they stay one color. Jan Distinctive Scenes

Comment

Working...
            X
            =