Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countertop without cabinets

Hello, all,
    I want to install an 8'6" laminate countertop (standard 25-1/4" deep) for a sewing workspace with roll-out storage units underneath. One end will be against the wall where the corner meets. How long a span can I go for the legs? I'd like to be able to go at least 30 inches. In addition to legs at the free corner and however far apart in the front, do I also need braces at the back and, if so, what kind of braces? This is my first project in my new house and any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Susie

Screw a support along the wall at the rear this is what the counter top will rest on at the back. At the front as long as your not putting a great deal of weight on the top a post/leg every three feet should be fine.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Originally posted by pushkins
      Screw a support along the wall at the rear this is what the counter top will rest on at the back. At the front as long as your not putting a great deal of weight on the top a post/leg every three feet should be fine.
      Thanks for the help. So, for the support, just like a 2x4 with screws where the studs are, right?

Comment

yes ,screwed into the studs most definitely.

2x4's might be a little overkill you could use 2x2's just remember to pre drill them.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =