Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Thermostat Manual

Help! Just moved into a new apartment and desperately need manual to the thermostat. It is a Robertshaw Quartz Movement Thermostat w/D34000 stamped on the inside cover. Any info would be appreciated!!!

go online and search

Comment

Originally posted by suprheat View Post
      go online and search
      Oh, BRILLIANT answer, Captain Moron. Positively breathtakingly helpful. You definitely need to go into tech support. Asshat.

Originally posted by 1timer View Post
      Help! Just moved into a new apartment and desperately need manual to the thermostat. It is a Robertshaw Quartz Movement Thermostat w/D34000 stamped on the inside cover. Any info would be appreciated!!!
      Unhelpfully, the Home Repair Forum won't currently let me post URLs, so this is going to be a little less helpful than it might otherwise be. In fact, I've had to go through several iterations before I found one that it will actually post without warning me about URLs. Sorry about the inconvenience, but it's due to the forum.

The RobertShaw product line can be found at "hittipdotslashslash www dot icca dot invensys dot com slash robertshaw slash". Unfortunately, this thermostat has been long out of production (probably since before 1990), and the website doesn't even have specifications for the unit online. Your best bet is to write them at "hittipdotslashslash www dot icca dot invensys dot com slash support slash techsupport.htm" and see if they still have any hardcopies of the manual lying about. The problem is, I doubt they do. No other manuals seem to exist online (which you probably already knew before you posted your message, a subtlety that Captain Moron couldn't be bothered to grasp).

Your best bet is to replace it with a modern two-stage programmable thermostat. Lowes has a conversion chart that includes the D34000, so that you'll be able to find a perfect replacement. Home Depot should as well (in fact, I'm looking to replace the exact same unit today---which is why my own websearch brought me here). Of course, since you posted your query four months ago, I imagine you've already resolved the issue---but if not, best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =