Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resin Statue Repair

I have a large 2 foot tall Mickey Mouse Statue (made of resin) that my husband purchased from Disneyland in California. However, when we moved to Louisiana last year the statue sat in storage for about 6 months and when we took it out it had a stress fracture/crack in it. I have no idea how to fix it as the statue is still standing but their is like a 1/2 inch gap in the leg and I can not re-connect it (its like it cracked then shrunk or something) I need to fill it in and repair it and then paint over the repair. I dont know what to use to reapair resin and I want something that will dry smooth and allow me to paint over it without looking too weird. Any suggestions. Thanks everyone.

There are a number of resin epoxy products available at larger hardware stores. Make sure that the one you purchase has the ability to be sanded, some will set like concrete and be almost impossible to sand down any unwanted amounts.
    You will also need to make sure that the product you buy is suitable for exterior uses.
    Many times a wood fiber based resin epoxy will work (it is sand able) or worse case scenario you could fill the area with a water based (paintable) caulk, this will allow any future expansion/contraction and be reasonably easy to shape and form to the contours of the statue.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Resin Statue Repair

I have repaired several statues and found that Paperclay, which can be purchased at most hardware stores for just a few dollars, is the best way to go. It is very plyable when first removed from the package (and still moist) so can fill in the cracks nicely and can be smoothed out. It will dry to a hard surface when exposed to the air. It can be sanded and painted when dried. I have used it multiple times. Please feel free to check out the statues I repaired on my website at www.distinctivescenes.com. Jan Distinctive Scenes

Comment

Working...
      X
      =