Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The busy Bumblebee

I was sitting on the back porch this afternoon when i heard a buzzing sound. I looked up to see a big yellow and black bumblebee busily drilling a perfect 3/8" diameter hole in a 2x6 rafter in the porch roof.

I sat there for quite some time watching that bee, marveling at both his speed and accuracy as he continued drilling a perfect hole. I was wondering to myself how that little bee was able to cut through the wood then the answer came to me,,,,,,,,The Bee was using a BUZZ SAW.

That's a boring story!

Comment

You don't say,
      ceramic tiling tips

Comment

LazyPup, We will beeeee forever in your debt for that info!

Comment

mister, why must you lie to the orphans?

Comment

i actually thought that was kinnda dorky funny....

but is that a true story?!?!? and if it is...how did the bee cut through the work

Comment

Boring bees....Yes,...they really CAN destroy stuff

By now, LazyPup has found out that those "Bumble bees", drilling perfect entry holes, are actually Boring Bees. Interesting, and yet veeery annoying,..."Boring bees" seem to be great engineers. Problem is,...they wreak havoc on wooden structures in the SE (maybe elsewhere?,...I don't know?). If it is a boring bee, the insect seeks out the BOTTOM of a wood surface, typically a rafter, etc. Given the choice of a 2 x 10 inch exposed board,...the bee will only drill in from the bottom. Stranger than fiction, but true...if it be a "boring bee"....

Comment

we have them here in the north east too, only we call them carpenter bees.

Comment

We have ants that eat through things, do you have any ant stories?

Comment

My "ant" has no stories.

Comment

I'll admit...I had a little laugh at the buzz saw punchline
                      Do It Yourself
                      water restoration

Comment

Well, I suppose every animal has a manufacturer story to tell.

Comment

::facepalms:: you win lol

Comment

This little guy was it ...?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1224014-Clipart-Of-A-3d-Builder-Bee-Holding-Up-A-House-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	87291

haha

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            =