Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door lock replacement

hi, i feel sorry if i post wrong place. My lock is broken and wanna to change a fingerprint lock...how about Adel brand? I saw its authorized webstore www.adelshop.com. any one have suggestion?

the mechanics of a door lock is really very basic - if you want to spend $149 for a fingerprint door lock go ahead. it should fit into the 2 1/8 inch round hole for a conventional passage lockset. just follow instructions in the package.

Comment

A couple years ago I was considering getting a finger print pad as a password for my laptop, but then a touch of reality set in. I was sitting here looking at my fingers and almost every one of them have at one time or another been injured to the point that it left scar tissue that altered the fingerprint. It would be my luck I would program my index finger as a pass key, then injure the finger and wear a bandage for a couple weeks which would preclude me getting in, only to later discover a scar the lock wont recognize. With that in mind I gave up on the idea.

Comment

Better than that, with those cheaper finger print locks if you draw a line in ink across your finger they more than 75% of the time cannot recognize the finger print.
        Now I know what ya all saying " who draws lines on their fingers" ? But how often have you had caulk, plumber's putty, epoxies, or the like stuck to your fingers ?

I installed them on the examination rooms of a vet's office (4), they asked me to take them off, more often than not they have gloves on or cuts and nicks from animals.
        Overall not a big problem for the average home owner but for me I come home with cuts of varying depths, glues, caulks I'd be eating and sleeping with the dog.

Having said that, the more expensive ones come with 10 point recognition and accept 7 or more points as an entrance code.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =