Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slide weatherproof fitting over SEU Al Cable

How do I get the rubber grommet to slide over #4 SEU cable. I tried some vaseline but I still need to slide it about 3 to 4 more inches so I can reach the lugs in the meter socket. Is there a better lube out there?
    Thanks to anyone.

you shouldn't need any lube for it. unscrew the fitting, collar nut, follower, rubber grommet etc and just push it over the cable. usually there's enough of slop it'll just fall down on its own, but in your case evidentelly there isn't. loosen up the first and second foldover clips and work the fitting down into the hub socket. then attach the screw on portion and tighten best you can by hand and then use 6 inch channel lock pliers to fully tighten it. after you are done refasten the foldover clips and apply ductseal to the top of the fitting where the cable meets the grommet. this will keep water from migrating down the cable into the meter trough.

Comment

Seu Cable Connector

6-3, 4/3, 2-0/3, 4-0/3 seu cable connector

Comment

This is all new service. The grommet was tight as hell. but I got it on with a little WD40 and a couple of taps of the mallet. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =