Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Door Pops Back Open

I've recently started having problems with my garage door. It will go all the way down, and once it touches the ground, it reverses and goes back up. Sometimes, it reverses just before it touches as well. It takes 5-10 tries to get it to stay down, and it happens with all the openers (2 different remotes, one keypad, and the hard-wired button on the wall). This seems to happen more in the summer, and we're in the middle of a heat wave now in Chicago. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

It could be a bunch of different things, but more than likely the doors weight has changed a bit due to the humidity and the downward force adjustment needs to be tweeked. It'll be located on the back of your opener and you can slightly adjust it using a screwdriver. Just be sure you mark where it is now so you can put it back there when winter comes. Below is a link that'll give you more info about it.

http://www.garagedoorsofwilkes.com/basics.htm

Comment

Originally posted by kactuskid
      It could be a bunch of different things, but more than likely the doors weight has changed a bit due to the humidity and the downward force adjustment needs to be tweeked. It'll be located on the back of your opener and you can slightly adjust it using a screwdriver. Just be sure you mark where it is now so you can put it back there when winter comes. Below is a link that'll give you more info about it.

Thanks, I will give that a shot.

Comment

the door lowering and uprising motor relies on a current relay. if the current relay detects a rise in current it will reverse and send the door open. if it's in the downward motion and the current rises it will reverse gain - open. finding the medium point is trial and error. with the high heat you will also find the chain has expanded a bit varying the trip points of the upper and lower limit switches with relationship to the door position. also the electric eye brackets may have moved a bit out of line of sight.
        Last edited by HayZee518; 08-02-2006, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =