Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer Machine Question

Hello,
    If I am going to drain my Washer into a Laundry sink, which then uses a pump to pump up to my sewer drain, do I still need a stand pipe, or can I go directly into my drain?
    Thank you.

You still need a standpipe

Comment

lazy pup; your reply that the poster...."still needs a standpipe" does not make any sense.
      If the laundry tub drain accepts the accumulated laundry water from the tub, why would the same laundry tub drain not accept the same accumulated water from the washer directly?.

Imo, a stand pipe in this case is not required.

Comment

Hube,,
        I think we are looking at opposite ends of the problem.

You are correct that a washing machine may discharge directly into a laundry tub, in which case there is no standpipe. The use of a laundry tub also permits using an 1-1/2" drain line, whereas a washing machine standpipe would require a 2" drain line.

HOWEVER: In the post mindless06795 is planning to drain the sink into a reservoir then use a utility pump to lift the water up to a drain line at a higher elevation. The problem here is that the only pump that may be directly coupled to the DWV (Drain, Waste & Vent) system is a code approved "Sewage Ejection Pump". When a utility pump is used in this manner it would be classified as an appliance and it would be required to be connected to the DWV system by means of an approved indirect waste recepter, which means you would need to install a trap and standpipe at the point where the utility pump line discharges into the DWV system.

Comment

Hey Lazypup

Maybe the OP has an automatic laundry tray pump that hangs off of the threads on the tub. That would not require a stand pipe. I believe you should get more info before "shooting from the hip."

Comment

Working...
          X
          =