Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Refrigerator Dispenser Not Working

Hello all:

I have bought a brand new house about a year ago. It came with GE appliances including the refrigerator. Right after two weeks of warranty expiring the refrigerator dispenser stopped working. There are three buttons on top of it: Water, Ice and Crushed Ice. None of them work. In the beginning (when I noticed the problem) sometimes it would work (I would say 10% of the time) but now it does not work at all. There are LEDs on top of each of these buttons. The LED of the button that I choose lights up and stays lighted. But when I press the switch underneath with a glass, the light turns off and then turns back on. But nothing is dispensed. The same thing happens regardless of what I choose, water, ice or crushed ice. The ice inside however is making just fine. I removed all the ice from inside but that did not help.

I called GE hoping that they would fix it under warrnaty since it has been only two weeks since the warranty expired, but nooooo. The guy yelled at me saying "You don't understand, the warranty is now expired, you will have to pay ...". I told him your customer service is as crapy as your products are, and hung up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Model number?

Please post the appliance's complete model number so we can look it up to see what design you're dealing with.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked below.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thank you for your response.

This is the model number:

GSS25WGSA WW

I don't know if this "WW" is also a part of the model number or not.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Comment

hello there, i would suggest you check the door switch on the unit first make sure the switch that turns on and off the light in the refridator is turning it off and on. you can push the switch manually in and out and tap on the switch see if the dispenser starts to work after you try that...

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by shameed
          the model number [is]: GSS25WGSA WW

I don't know if this "WW" is also a part of the model number or not.
          While it just indicates the color (white on white) it IS part of the model number.

That is one of GE's newer electronically controlled fridge models (). I'm afraid all I can think of which might be responsible for such a symptom is a problem in the dispenser's electronic control (aka 'dispenser interface') part # WR55X10521 but I haven't had much experience working on that design of dispenser.

Did you check jonnho's suggestion of a possibly malfunctioning door switch? The dispenser should be inoperable with the door open... or the control thinking it is.

You could also check the wiring going to the door (usually through the top and/or bottom door hinge) as those wires can break prematurely due to the stress of opening and closing the door.

In case you're interested, you can see exploded parts views of how your fridge is put together at the following link:

LINK > GE GSS25WGSAWW Exploded Parts Views

JFYI

Dan O.
          www.Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =