Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCR rewind+eject broken

A tape got stuck in my TV/VCR, so I forced it out. Now when I turn teh TV on, it will rewind, then stop and try to eject, but there is no cassette in the VCR. How do I get the VCR to stop doing this?

the tape jam has caused the vcr to think the cage is still loaded. the machine stilll thinks a tape is inside of the unit. you will need to reset the vcr part. you will have to open the tv cover to reset the vcr. i would not recomend you doing this yourself. the tv will probably keep shuting off on you till it is repaired...

Comment

inside the unit, when a cassette is inserted the carriage moves along two guides that drop the cassette down to the tape transport mechanism. there is a hole in the cartridge about center that drops down over the IR sensor. This sensor detects the presence of the tape and cartridge. if the "tower" is bent or broken it gives the signal that there's no tape and ejects the cartridge. it is a retroreflective infrared transistor and pickup. no voltage to it is just like no tape detection.

Comment

How old is the VCR? You may be better off just purchasing a new one instead of repairing it. They are extremely cheap these days. I believe the big box stores have them for as cheap as $30.
        Jtfoxman

Comment

Working...
        X
        =