Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded Forum Software

I have upgraded the forum software, it is a major upgrade, and should fix several bugs, especially when viewing the forum in other browsers, such as http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Please reply to this post with any problems or suggestions...

Troy,
    upgrade is good sidebars I don't need! my firefox expanded the home screen with two sidebars on on the left and one on the right. I need to use the scroller bar just to navigate the posts.

Comment

Could you deal with one sidebar? I can remove the one on the right easily....
      Try

Comment

Ya that would work! Tom

Comment

Is this better?
          Try

Comment

The index on the left is just to big, I need to use the scroll bar to read any thread. Just curious, but I don't even see the need for it other than taking up room. Sorry for the bad news but to me it gets a thumbs down.

Comment

hafta agree with kactuskid - one sidebar less is ok - I reconfigured my mozilla screen for less than 96 dpi to about 86 dpi and while it works is still a little busy. - Tom

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
                hafta agree with kactuskid - one sidebar less is ok - I reconfigured my mozilla screen for less than 96 dpi to about 86 dpi and while it works is still a little busy. - Tom
                What screen resolution do you guys use? In anything but 800x600 it seems to fit perfectly, at least here. Try 1024x768 please and let me know what you think?

People keep complaining that they can't find their way around, so I am trying to include the forum navigation on the upper left. I suppose I could move it to the right, and then the only thing you'd need to scroll over to see is the navigation.
                Try

Comment

My resolution is set for 800x600, anything else is annoying and just doesn't work for me. Call me dumb, but how anyone can't find their way around is beyond me. How can you not see the different forums from just looking at the front page and then click on the one that's appropriate for your needs. In fact 99% of the forums out there are set up this way already.

Comment

I moved the navigation to the right, so that the people that need it can scroll over there, and the people that don't need it won't have it taking up room.

Let me know what you think!
                    Try

Comment

It's a lot better now, at least it's outta the way and I don't have to scroll quite as much. Thanks

Comment

Let me know if you think of anything else. Thanks!
                        Try

Comment

Hello Troy,
                          I think the column where the forum is listed on the main page is too skinny. When the forum "when all else fails..." is shown it lists almost all the words down in a row making it a very long box. Functionally it works fine and all just doesnt look as appealing seeing that big space between titles. I think a little shaved off the title area would help without causing much of a problem. Hope this helps.
                          Chris

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =