Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olsen Furnace bee problem

Hey guys, I got two Olsen Gas furnace, and I got a bee problem, they seem to be coming in the stacks on the roof, I can actually see them up there swarming around, my questions are 2 fold

1) Can they actuall nest in the pipe ? I turn the furnace on, but it doesn't seem to do anything ?

2) can I get some kind of grate or something to cover the end of the exhaust?

My problem is that they are coming in the house all the time, and I have no idea where in the furnace they are coming in...

The Furnace Olsen 7500's

Thanks Guys

any fine opening metal screening will do the job but you have to contend with the bees that are already in there - if they can't get out will make them awfully mad. I would contact a local apiary expert and have him remove the nest or queen. the hive lives for the queen and removing her will move the bees. I had a bunch of bees, white faced hornets and wasps in my garage one year - I set out two fumigation cans and bottled the garage up for two days. then opened it up. there were nests on the benches and on the floor. but no buzzing beasts around. been two years and still no infestation.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =