Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Ice Maker

I have pretty new Whirlpool Ref. w/ice maker function, this is a side by side unit with the newer lazer eye for producing ice when the the lazer is blocked it stops producing ice, there is no new ice being produced the eye is not blocked I have checked everything I can think of and it just doesn't seem to work any ideas, getting plenty of water etc.

Model number?

Originally posted by buckscrape

pretty new Whirlpool Ref. w/ice maker function, this is a side by side unit
    I'm afraid that description does not help us to properly identify the product in question. What is needed is its exact model number as written on the appliance's model and serial number tag.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my web site linked below.

getting plenty of water
    What is? just the whole refrigerator or the icemaker itself?? Just because water may be getting to the fridge does not necessarily mean it is able to get to the icemaker.

Will the icemaker harvest the ice if the ice cube mold is manually filled with water?

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

The Model Number is #GD2NHAXMBOO, I did not try filling the tray I will try it this evening! Any other ideas?

Comment

The Model Number is #GD2NHAXMB00
        It looks like that model has an 'in the freezer door' icemaker?

I did not try filling the tray I will try it this evening!
        That should at least tell us if the icemaker is capable of working.

Any other ideas?
        There are any number of things that could be the problem. Lets try to deal with one at a time?

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =