Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UHF channels won't work on my VCR

I just downgraded my cable service from digital to very basic (only 22 channels). Now, instead of routing my cable through a digital cable box I route it through a VCR. It's great except that the channels from 14-22 are "snowy". The picture goes clear for a fraction of a second then goes back to snow.

I am told that the channels 2-13 are VHF and 14-22 are UHF. What gives? What do I need to do? The VCR is a ten year old Broksonic which works great. The last time I used it in this type of set-up it worked just fine.

2-13 are vhf, 14-83 are uhf - after 83 are special channels on harmonics of the upper uhf band. my dad had a converter that took the uhf and made them usable on the blank vhf frequencies. some older things aren't just worth saving. sorry to be blunt but it seems this is the case. I have a bearcat scanner circa 1965 if I could only get the crystals for it.

Comment

I just got in touch with Broksonic. Apparently I can fix my problem but I'm going to need a remote control to execute the commands and I don't have one. My universal remote doesn't help. It just operates the power, play and ff/rew functions. I'll need to invest in a legacy remote control if it's that important to me.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =