Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugly chain link fence

I read a previous post here about changing the look of a chain link fence with wood but that link is no longer accessable.
    Here's my problem, any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, I really need a solution. I have a totally fenced in backyard, problem is it is chain link and although it is in good shape I have a few issues which make it less an ideal. First I need privacy, My backyard is flanked by four other backyards, plus there is a cul-de-sac street one house over and our backyard can be seen by several other yards plus anyone taking a stroll down the street. It is a kreally nice neighborhood but I need a little privacy in my own space. Second our dog likes to bark at anybody taking a stroll down that street and this is more than annoying to us and I'm sure them, so I need to block them from her line of vision. Third the people directly behind us are growing a weed garden and the weeds are now 4 ft. tall and they don't seem to notice, so I don't want to notice either. Fourth, one neighbor has a very large great dane that does not like our dog and his barking and the ensuing racket between the dogs is nerve racking, therefore I need to block him as well. First idea was to rip out the chain link and replace with all privacy. Problem is I don't want to disturb the neighbor's flower beds and trees or worse kill them trying to dig up cement and posts. Also I don't really want to create a totally enclosed box for my yard. One neighbor in particular and I like to kibbits across the fence and I don't want to completely shut that neighborliness off. Sorry the post is so long but had to give you the whole scoop so you'd understand. Is there ANYTHING that can be done? Anybody?

Snip your dogs vocals
    Hide in the house
    Smoke the neigbors weed
    Poison the Great Dane
    And shoot at the street walkers

Bob

Comment

go to home depot or lowes and see if you can find wooden slats about 1/8" thick by 2 inches. take these slats and weave them into the fence, kinda like weaving a basket only at an angle. the way the chain link is made, it will accept the wooden pieces. If you pre-stain them to whatever color you like will make it aesthetically pleasing to you and your neighbor while affording you privacy.

119 North Day Street, Orange, NJ 07050
      Contact us at: info@academyfence.com | Home page: www.academyfence.com
      Last edited by HayZee518; 09-28-2006, 06:32 AM. Reason: found web site

Comment

Working...
      X
      =