Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Paper Holder

I am trying to install a toilet paper holder. It takes two holes that a plate secures to, and then the holder attachs to that plate. In trying to mount the plate, I made two holes for supplied anchors and what I found out is an unused duct lies directly behind the sheetrock.

So I thought I could just make the hole in the metal of the duct, but that didn't work. The metal bends and bounces when you try to force the anchor through.

Now my problem is I have these large holes, no way to get an anchor in there and no screw would secure to the metal, so I can't use it as an anchor. What do I do? Get really large screws and try to secure to the metal of the duct? I already tried to find smaller anchors, but with my wife's "help" of adjusting the holder, that didn't hold. Now the sheetrock is beyond holding an anchor.

Help!!

toilet paper

Greetings: I wouldn"t bother trying to affix the palte with screws. get yourself a tube of bathtub caulking{ silicone} and use it to hold the plate to the wall. Use masking tape to hold the plate on overnight until the caulking sets. Then attach the holder to the plate

Comment

There is a simple fix for this problem. Go to the hardware or home depot and pick up some hollow wall anchors. These are great fasteners. They are very strong and allow you to remove and replace the screw without losing any holding power. You simply drill a hole the same diameter as the anchor, insert the anchor, then tighten the supplied screw. The anchor expands behind the drywall or in this case inside your duct work and gives you a threaded hole in the wall to securely fasten your mounting bracket. They are also handy when it is time to paint or paper as you can remove and replace the screw anytime. Here is an example of the fastener. You will probably need a size somewhere in between these. Good luck!! http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3715046

Comment

Working...
      X
      =