Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool electric range....

Had a power loss recently. The brownout was down to 54 volts before it dropped off completely. After things got bright, the oven door won't unlock.
    Th brand is Whirlpool, the model#: RF364PXKW1, serial #: RM4011011. Called the company's 1-800 and was told to hold down the 'Off' and 'Bake' buttons 'till a code appeared. THen to touch the 'Off' again. Was further told to try it again several times after we hang up, as it didn't unlock the door the first time we tried it. Was given the local repair phone number, too. THought I'd ask for some magic from the Forum before I did anything drastic like that. THe oven door is stuck in the lock position as if in the self-clean mode. It's not. Am missing some home made punkin' pies because of this! Need help!
    Last edited by mrcaptainbob; 11-01-2006, 12:19 AM.

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob

Had a power loss recently. After things got bright, the oven door won't unlock.
    You can try some of the things mentioned at the following link. Other than that, the range may actually need to be serviced to see what the problem may be.

LINK > After self cleaning the range the oven door won't open. What might be the problem?

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Whirlpoole oven....

Thanks, Dan. Wiil try those suggestions...

Comment

Let us know how you make out.

Dan O.

Comment

Stuck oven door....

Popped the back cover off tonight. Found the motor and the latch arm. Did manage to get the door umlocked. Also managed to activate the motor and verify the micro switches were funtioning. THe problem now appears to definately be in the module, as it displays nothing else except 'LOCK' whe any of the buttons are pushed. Although it doesn't actrually do so. Read through the list of codes, none of which come up anyway. Wish I could just purchase a new module myself and install it. Where could I get something like that? Serv-All?

Comment

If by "module" you mean the electronic control, yes, you can purchase it yourself. If you've already gotten to it, that's the hard part of the job. The control for your range model can be found at the link below.

LINK > Whirlpool RF364PXKW1 Electronic Control

JFYI

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Oven/ stove info..

Thanks, Dan O. Should get it middle of next week....wife is happy, and I can almost smell that punkin pie baking as we type!

Comment

Let us know how it all turns out.

Dan O.

Comment

It's fixed.....

Well, Dan O, that was the prefect 'oops'. The stove is black, as was the touch pad module. What I inadvertently orderd was a white one. Well, not only does it work, but my wife was extra pleased with it NOT being black! So much easier to read now!! Thanks all for the help...tomorrow is punkin'-pie-baking-test day!

Comment

Fixed!

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob

that was the prefect 'oops'. The stove is black
                    The "W" in the model number RF364PXKW1 most often indicates a White appliance which is why I pointed you to that one. A Black model would usually have the letter "B" in that spot of the model number. Go figure.

What I inadvertently ordered was a white one. Well, not only does it work, but my wife was extra pleased with it NOT being black!
                    Glad to hear it fixed the problem and everyone is happy. Thanks for the follow up!

Dan O.
                    www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =