Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Plumbing Disposal Questions

I wish I had a better memory but a few months ago I saw a advertisement for a kitchen sink disposer that is quiet & powerful but most of all rinses itself clean. Do you have any info on this disposal? Also in my present disposal what can I do to get rid of the smelly muck that collects around the top, inner edge of my disposal?

Thank you,
    Fred

Once in a while grind up some ice cubes with a little dishsoap in it. The coarseness of the ice cubes along with the dish soap will clean the insides a little.

Comment

Ice cubes are a good thing along with the dish soap, but I've been told in the past to use Comet with the ice cubes and it does work better. It takes about a 1/4 of the bottle of comet but it will come cleaner and smell good with less bubbles

Comment

If we're talking Comet abrasive cleaner with or without chlorine, I'd rather not use it for mainly, if that stuff along with the water gets under the grinding disc and attacks the ceramic seal on the motor shaft, eventually there won't be any shaft left to spin! Like putting grinding compound onto a spinning seal - Eeeew!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =