Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garage door opens automatically

i have a lift master pro line garage door. the problem im having is that when i try to open or close the garage door with the door openner, i have to hold down the button to have it closed. when it does close, it opens back up and i just have to play with the button for it to finally close. could it be the door remote? i thought once you press it once it suppose to open or close? i also checked the sensors and there isnt anything obstructing it. please help.

thanks

the two electric eyes have to be in perfect alignment with each other. The receiver eye needs to be oriented so it doesn't see sunlight - it operates off infrared light from the source LED and sunlight has loads of infrared light. The down force limit switch needs to be fine tuned as it functions by detecting a rise in motor current. When the door strikes an object and the door sort of stalls, motor current rises. It's current sensitive relay detects this rise in current and operates the reversing relay which opens the door. You also have a down travel limit switch. This is entirely mechanical and operates off a cam device on the chain or drive screw - depending on your door opener.

Comment

thanks hayzee. will take a look at all of those. not too familiar with a garage door opener but will look at those you mentioned

thanks again

Comment

mine does the same thing but only in the winter.
        I'm sure if I wanted i'd be able to fix it but it's easier
        to just take a few secs and make sure it closes.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =