Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rounded corner bead on drywall

Do I apply to floor base? How does that effect my floor molding? I'm lost!

My baseboards have an extra piece to accomodate the bullnosed corners. The inside width of the small piece is 5/8" to match the radius of the bullnose. The remaining small gap is filled with caulk.

Comment

Your lumberyard should have little plastic transition guys that go from the bullnose to a square corner a few inches from the floor. That way you can use standard miters on your baseboards.

Comment

Rounded corner bead

Thank you gentlemen.I'm in the latter stages of a re-model and decided to use rounded corner bead. I never used this product before and suddenly my brain went numb. This site is awesome! Thanks again Dudes.

Bernie G

Comment

corner bead/old dude

Is this transition a regular piece of 90 degree corner molding cut to the height of my floor molding and installed before I install my rounded corner?

Comment

It's about a 6 inch piece of plastic that goes from rounded on top to square on the bottom. It goes on before the bullnose corner. The corner is then trimmed to fit on top of it. I'll get a photo of my bathroom remodel and send it.

Comment

Here's a photo of the bullnose/square adaptor. I put mine about an inch off the subfloor, so the 1/2 inch or so cork flooring will fit under. Whatever gap is left will be covered by the baseboard.

Comment

My builder has these transitions in place in our house under construction and I believe he screwed up and put them to low, we have 7 1/4" trim and 5 1/4" trim and he had the drywallers install them without consideration that some rooms had 3/4" hardwood flooring coming in. Some of the trim has been installed and since the transition is too low there is a large gap on the outside corners. He now is saying that the transitions are there so that the trim carpenters have something to nail into and that he always places them low and then caulks the gap at the top of the trim. Seems like a load of baloney since why put these transitions in then...why not just cut and put in square cornerbead..... Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                X
                =