Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Feature! Chat System

I've been asked a few times about an interactive chat, so you can communicate with each other in real time. Please notice the "Chat" link next to the link to logout on the right (if you are logged in). This is for members only, so register if you don't have a membership (it's free). Please play with it and post here how your experience is!
    Last edited by admin; 02-11-2007, 11:43 AM.
    Try

cool thanks
    Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Troy, I looked and it seems great. Only problem I see with it is that if a specific user isn't into the chat thingie, there's no way of alerting him/her that you want to chat with him/her opposed to entering a quote for a problem in the regular forum. say..... if you were in the forum and I need to chat with you, if you weren't in chat screen I couldn't address you.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
        Troy, I looked and it seems great. Only problem I see with it is that if a specific user isn't into the chat thingie, there's no way of alerting him/her that you want to chat with him/her opposed to entering a quote for a problem in the regular forum. say..... if you were in the forum and I need to chat with you, if you weren't in chat screen I couldn't address you.
        You can send that user a private message, which they should be notified of, I suppose. With that you could instruct them to meet you in the chat room...
        Try

Comment

ok, I'll try that.

Comment

Chat room.....

Tried it out tonight, it loaded to 45% and quit after 5 minutes. Tried again and it never got past 0%. What am I doing wrong? (besides getting up in the morning!)

Comment

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob View Post
              Tried it out tonight, it loaded to 45% and quit after 5 minutes. Tried again and it never got past 0%. What am I doing wrong? (besides getting up in the morning!)
              Were you logged in when you launched it?
              Try

Comment

Chat room....

Yes, Troy. But I'll try again tonight....

Nope. Still won't get past 45%....
                Last edited by mrcaptainbob; 02-28-2007, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Chat room access.....

It worked! Only there's no one on!! Wait a minute...It works for me only when no one else is on..won't let me in when somebody IS there? Okay, now my feeling's're hurt!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob View Post
                    It worked! Only there's no one on!! Wait a minute...It works for me only when no one else is on..won't let me in when somebody IS there? Okay, now my feeling's're hurt!!
                    What browser are you using? Anyone else having trouble?
                    Try

Comment

I'm using firefox and it loads right up! Could you see if you can fix it so I could key [highlight] a user in the regular forum and invite him/her into chat? The private messages aren't getting to the user in time so I sit in chat waiting and nobody shows up. Only times it worked was once before and the time I chatted with you.

Comment

Thanks Troy,
                        I tried it twice. Once there was one other person on, the 2nd time it was just me. Both times it came up instantly. This should be very helpful. Jan

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        =