Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get paint off trim

The person who owned my house before must have never taped off when she painted. There is paint on all the trim, some not too bad and some a lot. I have tried many Dremel attachments with no luck, it just takes it down to the wood. I tried using my fingernail but it wasen't strong enough. I then tried just a razorblade but the wood is not flat, it was cut with a slight curve in the sides. Any ideas, I don't really want to pull it all off either, I just painted the room and know that it would chip and pull off the new paint.

The trim is stained a dark brown.

Thanks

Stained??? Try some wood bleach with an artists brush.

Comment

yup, stained.

would that ruin the stain? Can I get wood bleach at Home depot? I have never heard of it.

Thanks

Comment

should be able to!!

Comment

Do I have to be careful with the stain or will it not effect it?

Comment

ok, I just re-read your posting. there is white paint on your trim which is stained?? try this -- use a scotch-brite pad with some water or acetone and gently scrub it. when you get to near the wooden trim go to just water and the pad. hopefully the ceiling finish isn't oil based just latex.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
              ok, I just re-read your posting. there is white paint on your trim which is stained??
              Exactly, thanks, I will try that.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =