Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete Driveway

I'm trying to find out if the guy who repaved my driveway messed it up or if it just needs more time to turn to the right color. Its been about 45 days since he poured the cement. It's been pretty warm. Part of the driveway is the right color (it looks like the cement on the ground in front of the house). But there are other parts of the driveway that are still very dark. He says it will eventually turn color and all of it will look the same, but how long should it take? I know that he mixed 2 different batches of cement.

If it's messed up, what are my options to fix it so that it all becomes the right color?

if he made the same batch - concrete, sand and aggragate, then it should be the same. if he varied the proportions then it could be stronger or weaker in different areas. did he use a trucked in mix or did he mix it himself? after an initial cure of about a day and a final smoothing, he should have instructed you to spray the concrete with water once a day to slow up the final cure. 45 days seems like a likely figure to fully cure although it takes a pretty long time to build up strength.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =