Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing light fixtures to cement ceiling

Hi all,

I am looking to install a couple light fixtures in my condo, which has cement ceilings, covered with stucco. One of the fixtures contains 8 screws, and I really am looking for other alternatives to get the fixtures up, instead of screwing in a total of 10 screws into the Ceiling. The screws wont be very load bearing, so perhaps an adhesive of some sorts?

Thanks,

could you expand on the type of fixtures? are they long flourescent type? granted, some of the new adhesives on the market are a godsend, I still can't fathom holding up a fixture on your concrete ceiling. at the most stucco over concrete must have a hollow space above it so the use of toggle bolts comes to mind.

Comment

Both of the fixtures are the halogen bulb type, but the one I am most concerned about is this one:

www(dot)ikea(dot)com/ca/en/catalog/products/90083717

It doesnt even come with screws, but it looks like it needs a #8. I guess the adhesives wont work?

Comment

I looked at those fixtures. halogens are not heavy but awkward. I would rely on a #10 screw in a hollow wall anchor or if you could insert a toggle bolt I would feel much safer. the little circle devices between fixtures I would say adhesive would work but you'd have to have some real sticky stuff. what's that large circle thing?

Comment

Thats just the fixture part. So I guess its inevitable that I drill some holes then eh? Ah well!

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

I would feel much better and safer using screws of some type. I'd hate to advise you to use adhesive and have the whole shebang come flying down some day

Comment

Working...
            X
            =